Drexel dragonThe Math ForumDonate to the Math Forum

Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by Drexel University or The Math Forum.

Math Forum » Discussions » sci.math.* » sci.math

Topic: Is there a name for this notation?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 9, 2011 9:17 PM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]

Posts: 289
Registered: 5/23/11
Re: Is there a name for this notation?
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 8:58 AM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

Kaba wrote:
> In the case of "base 2", this can be seen as a sparse form of the
> traditional base-2 representation. Let I subset NN. Then the value of I
> is given by
> V(I) = sum_{i in I} 2^i,

The value of the empty set can be defined zero.


Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© Drexel University 1994-2015. All Rights Reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.