The Math Forum

Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by NCTM or The Math Forum.

Math Forum » Discussions » sci.math.* » sci.math

Notice: We are no longer accepting new posts, but the forums will continue to be readable.

Topic: Is there a name for this notation?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 9, 2011 9:17 PM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]
Tommy Jensen

Posts: 249
From: Daegu, Korea
Registered: 12/6/09
Re: Is there a name for this notation?
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 9:17 PM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

A N Niel Posted: Oct 9, 2011 8:38 AM

> > 2^100 + 2^50 + 2^10 + 2^2 = (100)(50)(10)2
> Since it is just a set anyway, maybe {100,50,10,2}

= {{2,5,6},{1,4,5},{1,3},{1}}
= {{{1},{0,2},{1,2}},{{0},{2},{0,2}},{{0},{0,1}},{{0}}}
= {{{{0}},{0,{{0}}},{{0},{{0}}}},{{0},{{{0}}},{0,{{0}}}},{{0},{0,{0}}},{{0}}}

That looks like fun. This is reminiscent of planar partitions
and maybe there is some relation to the four color theorem.


Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© The Math Forum at NCTM 1994-2018. All Rights Reserved.