The Math Forum

Topic: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Replies: 836   Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 5:17 AM

William Hughes

Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?

On Oct 10, 12:52 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> On 10 Okt., 16:04, Alen <al...@westserv.net.au> wrote:

<snip>

> oo
> ooo
>
> with aleph_0 lines but less than aleph_0 columns, because there is no
> natural number made of aleph_0 circles.

Sigh! The number of columns is the supremum of the line length.
This supremum
is aleph_0 despite the fact that there is no natural number made of
aleph_0
circles. number of lines = number of columns = aleph_0

William Hughes
> construction, every column that is populated by a circle is also
> populated by a circle in the next line. A(n) = B(n) but A(oo) > B(oo).
> aleph_0 numbers are accumulated without a number aleph_0.
> Contradiction.
>
> Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
10/5/11
Read A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
|-| E R C
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
MoeBlee
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Inertial
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Dirk Van de moortel
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/6/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Jim Greenfield
10/7/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Graham Cooper
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Rock Brentwood
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
eric gisse
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jem
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Transfer Principle
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Alen's childishness
Androcles
10/7/11
[...]
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jon car
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
patmpowers@gmail.com
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
admformeto
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Stamenin
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/12/11
[...]
10/13/11
[...]
10/11/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
LudovicoVan
10/9/11
[...]
Ki Song
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/14/11
[...]
10/16/11
[...]
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
herbert glazier
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/20/11
[...]
Tommy Jensen
10/20/11
[...]
netzweltler
10/16/11
[...]
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
10/20/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/21/11
[...]
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/23/11
[...]
10/24/11
[...]
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Loirbaj
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of creationist insanity, perhaps!?
Virgil
[...]
Vergil
10/24/11
[...]
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/23/11
[...]
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/26/11
[...]
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/28/11
[...]
YBM
10/28/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
David R Tribble
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/31/11
[...]
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
alan.dennis.eaton@gmail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/5/11