The Math Forum

Topic: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Replies: 836   Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 5:17 AM

J. Antonio Perez M.

Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?

On Oct 13, 10:46 am, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> On 13 Okt., 07:22, Brrrrains <kiwisqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 12, 4:20 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> > > Forall n in |N: H(n) = B(n) = R(n)
> > > and the limit exists (you say so)
> > > then H(oo) = R(oo) = B(oo)

> > > Didn't you learn that during your education?
>
> > So the definition of H(oo) is lim n->oo H(n)?
>
> ... omega die kleinste transfinite Ordnungs-Zahl, d. h. die kleinste
> festbestimmte Zahl ist, welche größer als alle endlichen Zahlen n;
> [Zermelo: Cantor, collected works, p. 395]

**** You begin to understand what I wrote in my past post? He's being
asked a simple, direct question, and he brings a quote in german by
Zermelo explaining that omega is the first transfinite ordinal, which
is bigger than any finite (integer) number n...what has this to do
with the asked question?? Nothing, but...well, that's part of the
game.;)

Tonio***

> Die Gesamtheit aller endlichen Kardinalzahlen n bietet uns das
> nächstliegende Beispiel einer transfiniten Menge; [p. 293]
>
> H(oo) contains all finite cardinal numbers n in |N.
>
> Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
10/5/11
Read A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
|-| E R C
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
MoeBlee
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Inertial
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Dirk Van de moortel
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/6/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Jim Greenfield
10/7/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Graham Cooper
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Rock Brentwood
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
eric gisse
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jem
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Transfer Principle
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Alen's childishness
Androcles
10/7/11
[...]
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jon car
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
patmpowers@gmail.com
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
admformeto
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Stamenin
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/12/11
[...]
10/13/11
[...]
10/11/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
LudovicoVan
10/9/11
[...]
William Hughes
10/11/11
[...]
Ki Song
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/14/11
[...]
10/16/11
[...]
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
herbert glazier
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/20/11
[...]
Tommy Jensen
10/20/11
[...]
netzweltler
10/16/11
[...]
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
10/20/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/21/11
[...]
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/23/11
[...]
10/24/11
[...]
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Loirbaj
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of creationist insanity, perhaps!?
Virgil
[...]
Vergil
10/24/11
[...]
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/23/11
[...]
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/26/11
[...]
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/28/11
[...]
YBM
10/28/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
David R Tribble
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/31/11
[...]
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
alan.dennis.eaton@gmail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/5/11