The Math Forum

Topic: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Replies: 836   Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 5:17 AM

Virgil

Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?

In article
<b0d7f6fc-3d50-4635-889b-64764fd5ccbd@s14g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 14 Okt., 13:32, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > If there is a complete infinite set |N, then it has not a last
> > > element.
> > > Then only two of three identical (for every n) sequences have limits
> > > that are maxima whereas the third limit is only a supremum without
> > > being a maximum.

> > Correct, in other words two of the limits are part of the
> > "infinite" triangle and one is not.

> Yes, *then*.
> But in mathematics, identical sequences have identical limits.
> Therefore either all limits are maxima (false) or all limits are
> suprema but not maxima (true).
>
> Of course aleph_0 as the maximum R(oo) would imply that also the lines
> have a maximum.
>
> This would in particular follow from the construction equivalent to a
> certain rotating method of counting all rational numbers, namely
>
> 1
>
> 1
> 22
>
> 3
> 31
> 322
>
> 4
> 34
> 314
> 3224
>
> 4
> 34
> 314
> 3224
> 55555
>
> and so on, where nnn...n denotes the edge added in the n-th step.
> There is no discriminated edge possible.
>
> Therefore the diagonal edge is not larger than the other edges.

Thus WM has invented a miraculously equilateral right triangle.
--

Date Subject Author
10/5/11
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
MoeBlee
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Inertial
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Dirk Van de moortel
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/6/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Jim Greenfield
10/7/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Graham Cooper
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Rock Brentwood
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
eric gisse
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jem
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Transfer Principle
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Alen's childishness
Androcles
10/7/11
[...]
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jon car
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
patmpowers@gmail.com
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
admformeto
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Stamenin
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/12/11
[...]
10/13/11
[...]
10/11/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
LudovicoVan
10/9/11
[...]
William Hughes
10/11/11
[...]
Ki Song
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/14/11
[...]
10/16/11
[...]
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
herbert glazier
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/20/11
[...]
Tommy Jensen
10/20/11
[...]
netzweltler
10/16/11
[...]
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
10/20/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/21/11
[...]
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/23/11
[...]
10/24/11
[...]
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Loirbaj
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of creationist insanity, perhaps!?
Virgil
[...]
Vergil
10/24/11
[...]
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/23/11
[...]
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/26/11
[...]
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/28/11
[...]
YBM
10/28/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
David R Tribble
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/31/11
[...]
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
alan.dennis.eaton@gmail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/5/11