Topic: matlabpool for distributed machines
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 31, 2011 11:04 PM

Edric Ellis

Re: matlabpool for distributed machines

"laoya " <20959284@qq.com> writes:

> I wish to have the matlabpool work for distributed machines. I have to machines:
> computer 1:
> IP: 192.168.1.2
> OS: windows xp 32 bit
> matlab: R2010b
> number of cores: 4
>
> computer 2:
> IP: 192.168.1.2
> OS: windows 7 64 bit
> matlab: R2010b
> number of cores: 8
>
> How can I configure the jobs and workers and then start the matlabpool
> to let the parallel number on computer 1 to be 4 and on computer 2 to
> be 8?

To run a MATLABPOOL across multiple machines, you need MDCS licences:

<http://www.mathworks.com/products/distriben/>

You also need to set up a jobmanager to manage the workers.

However,

<http://www.mathworks.com/products/distriben/requirements.html>

states that you cannot run parallel jobs (including matlabpool) across
machines with different word sizes (as in your case).

Cheers,

Edric.