Topic: matlabpool for distributed machines
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 31, 2011 11:04 PM

laoya

Re: matlabpool for distributed machines

Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytwehxtzfra.fsf@uk-eellis0l.dhcp.mathworks.com>...
> "laoya " <20959284@qq.com> writes:
>

> > I wish to have the matlabpool work for distributed machines. I have to machines:
> > computer 1:
> > IP: 192.168.1.2
> > OS: windows xp 32 bit
> > matlab: R2010b
> > number of cores: 4
> >
> > computer 2:
> > IP: 192.168.1.2
> > OS: windows 7 64 bit
> > matlab: R2010b
> > number of cores: 8
> >
> > How can I configure the jobs and workers and then start the matlabpool
> > to let the parallel number on computer 1 to be 4 and on computer 2 to
> > be 8?

> To run a MATLABPOOL across multiple machines, you need MDCS licences:
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/products/distriben/>
>
> You also need to set up a jobmanager to manage the workers.
>
> However,
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/products/distriben/requirements.html>
>
> states that you cannot run parallel jobs (including matlabpool) across
> machines with different word sizes (as in your case).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

Dear Edric,

Thank you very much for your kindly reply. It seems that the problem is that I have different OS on different machines. I will try to test it after I have two machines with exactly the same OS and Matlab installed.

Thanks,
Zhanghong Tang