Topic: information theory?
Replies: 83   Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 5:14 AM

Martin Brown

Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)

On 02/11/2011 09:48, JohnF wrote:
> In sci.math Martin Brown<|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> [[snip]]
>> You could do worse than look for the collected works of Ed Jaynes - it
>> used to be available online at one time but now it is published.
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/T-Jaynes-Probability-Statistics-Statistical/dp/0792302133

> Just curious -- if it was freely available online at one time,
> and I assume legally at that time, how does later publishing
> a paper copy retroactively affect online legality? I'd have
> assumed any originally-legal online info remains legal regardless
> of who else prints it on paper. Is that wrong?

I don't know. ISTR it was online as a part of a global proofing effort.
When that was finished it looks like the online copy was removed.

(at least if it is still there I can't see it now)

It was at: http://bayes.wustl.edu/etj/prob.html

Still linked to from Bayesian resources at Cornell:

http://www.astro.cornell.edu/staff/loredo/bayes/

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Date Subject Author
10/31/11
Read information theory?
Rich Delaney
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
Eric Jacobsen
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
Chris
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
Rich Delaney
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
jim
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
jim
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
Cindy
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
BJACOBY@teranews.com
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
jim
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
BJACOBY@teranews.com
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
jim
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
Cindy
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
jim
11/3/11
Read Re: information theory?
Cindy
11/1/11
Read Re: information theory?
BJACOBY@teranews.com
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
Les Cargill
11/3/11
Read Re: information theory?
Andrew Haley
11/3/11
Read Re: information theory?
gdewilde@gmail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
Martin Brown
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
JohnF
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Martin Brown
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Martin Brown
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Bernd Jendrissek
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
David Eather
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Bill Unruh
11/24/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
J. Clarke
11/24/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Martin Brown
11/25/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Richard Outerbridge
11/25/11
Read Re: information theory? (copyright question followup)
Les Cargill
11/2/11
Read Re: information theory?
Rich Delaney