Topic: collapse code option missing
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 7, 2011 10:21 AM

Steven Lord

Re: collapse code option missing

"Alex " <blue.harvest.83@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I was working on a program I am building when I noticed that the option to
> collapse (or fold, I think is what its called in matlab?) was missing. I
> opened up an older m-file I worked on and it still has the option. I
> provided a link to a screenshot of the 2 side by side. The code on the
> left is the one I am having the problem with, and the one on the right has
> the "+" and "-" boxes to expand or collapse statements like I want.
> http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6097/6313364978_b28b982bc1_b.jpg
> Anyone know how to enable that again?

Fix the red errors identified by Code Analyzer in the left function. If your
function file is not a valid function file due to a red error, how could you
fold it correctly?

BTW, I encourage you NOT to program your GUI using lots of global variables.
Another function you or your GUI's user executes could easily change a
variable A or On or the like in the global workspace without realizing it's
going to break your GUI. Use the handles structure instead.

Steve Lord