Topic: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Replies: 75   Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 7:11 PM

William Hughes

Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory

On Nov 22, 1:20 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> On 22 Nov., 13:58, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

WM: There are infinitely many lines. So we have infinitely many unions
of
WM: a finite initial segment and its predecessors. But infinitely
many
WM: unions are not an infinite union?

WH: No, of course not.

WM: How then can that be in the first line?

> > Because, if you take each element from the first line, you are forming
> > a union,

> In fact??? is that the way we have to conclude?
> If writing in one line, I take the union? If writing, with greates
> precision, the same in a new line, I don_t take the union?

In Wolkenmuekenheim "the same in a new line" means "write each
S_k on a different line". Strange place Wolkenmuekenheim

If you take each element from a different line, then you form
a union as well, but not a union from one line.

The infinite union is not the infinite sequence of finite unions, nor
is it an element of the infinite sequence of finite unions, but it is
"in" the infinite sequence of finite unions in the sense that you can
get it by taking the last element of each finite union.

Date Subject Author
11/21/11
Read Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
William Hughes
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/22/11
[...]
Jürgen R.
11/22/11
[...]
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
William Hughes
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Carsten Schultz
[...]
11/24/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/25/11
[...]
jdawe
11/22/11