Topic: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Replies: 75   Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 7:11 PM

Virgil

Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory

In article
<2c592489-f945-4bc4-b0a3-de1800674567@o9g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 22 Nov., 18:24, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > <snip evasion>
> >
> > In Wolkenmuekenheim, "40 is necessary" does not mean that
> > 40 has to be used.  Strange place Wolkenmuekenheim.

> That is correct. But as I already said, JR's example is completely
> missing the point. 1 + 80 = 81 and 40 + 41 = 81. Both pairs achieve
> the same.
> But the set S_3 = {1, 2, 3} is of no use whatsoever, to get |N.

But the infiniteness of set of finite initial segments is both
sufficient necessary to have a set of them covering |N.

> I can show and I have shown that there are no two or more S_k doing
> anything that would not be done by one S_k.

Then you have again "shown" something false because
{S_k: k in |N} must cover every k in |N.

> Everybody who handwavingly claims that infinitely many S_k would be
> necessary (or sufficient) is caught in matheology and unable to
> understand proofs by induction.

So WM now claims that ther are some members of |N not in any member of
{S_k: k in |N}.
I challenge WM to find any such member of |N \ {S_k: k in |N}.
--

Date Subject Author
11/21/11
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
William Hughes
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/22/11
[...]
Jürgen R.
11/22/11
[...]
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
William Hughes
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Carsten Schultz
[...]
11/24/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/25/11
[...]
jdawe
11/22/11