Topic: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Replies: 75   Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 7:11 PM

Virgil

Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory

In article
<c93607f7-03e9-48ff-8dc5-30b303be927e@s7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 22 Nov., 08:29, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It does not exist, as I proved by induction.

The find me an element in some line (and all these elements are in some
line) which is NOT in the union of all those lines!

> > > Therefore it cannot be unique.

> > > There are infinitely many lines. So we have infinitely many unions of
> > > a finite initial segment and its predecessors. But infinitely many
> > > unions are not an infinite union?

Is that deliberate misrepresentation or merely poor English?

What I have is the union of infinitely many finite initial segments.

What you have is "infinitely many unions of a finite initial segment and
its predecessors".

What I have covers |N.

What you have does not cover your ass.
--

Date Subject Author
11/21/11
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
William Hughes
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/21/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/22/11
[...]
Jürgen R.
11/22/11
[...]
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/23/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
William Hughes
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
11/22/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Carsten Schultz
[...]
11/24/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/11
Read Re: Effect of gravitation in set theory
Virgil
11/25/11
[...]
jdawe
11/22/11