Topic: serial communication problem
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 5, 2013 2:12 AM

Shankar

Re: serial communication problem

Hi Rahul,

There are a couple of things you can try. The problem is the receive block is not receiving data within the specified timeout period. You can either:
1. Increase the timeout if you know that blocking and waiting more will help (I do not know the application here so cannot comment on that) OR
2. Use non-blocking mode instead of blocking mode. This does not error and returns immediately if no data is available. In this mode, the data on the Simulink line could be from a previous timestep and you can use the 'Status' port output from the block to determine if it is new data or not. 'Status' port of 1 indicates new data (0 - old data).

- Shankar