Topic: Double integration
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 12:42 PM

Roger Stafford

Re: Double integration

"Marcio Barbalho" <marciobarbalho@live.com> wrote in message <jbb6bl$6af$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I've been trying with both Mupad and Maple... it just doesn't work. Of course I may be missing some tricks.
> Apparent the result of the original double integration is 53.22. I would like to prove it.
>
> Thank you

It is my guess that you will never find a double integral solution to this particular problem of yours unless you do things numerically at some stage. I also doubt that Mupad or Maple will try experimenting with a polar coordinate change that could simplify the inner integral. What have you got against numerical methods, Marcio?

Roger Stafford