Topic: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Replies: 284   Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 12:18 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory

On 8 Dez., 10:04, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1b1366e9-3275-4774-89e0-ba9c556cc...@t16g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > On 8 Dez., 00:54, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Dec 7, 5:11 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> > There is no collapse required. The sets are constructed such that each
> > successor contains all contents of its predecessors.

> > This is so by definition. If you doubt that this definition is
> > satisfied by the sequence 0.1, 0.11, 0.111, ..., then you have to
> > prove this

> The "set" 0.11 does not contain the "set" 0.1 as a subset because
> neither of them is a set, at least not in normal mathematics.

O how right you are. But as you know well enough, this is only the
abbreviation for the sequence of FISONs that is obtained from the
indices of the digits 1 or the exponents of the powers of 10 in the
numbers. Do you really think it is necessary, to argue in this way?
Then you seem to have no useful arguments.

> , but by finite mathematics. In finite mathematics we proceed by
>

> > showing a counter example. In finite mathematics (my proof belongs to
> > that realm because every FISON is finite (!)) we need a finite counter
> > example. That requires, in the present case, to find two FISONs A, B
> > that are necessary:
> > E a,b in |N, A,B in S: (a in A & b ~in A) & (b in B & a ~in B).
> > Unless you can show such a pair of FISONs your argument is null and
> > void in mathematics.

> Nope! while of any two fisons, one is a proper subset of the other,
> there is no fison of which all others are proper subsets.

That is matheology and strongly depends on what we understand by
"all". But we can be sure, that there are not more natural numbers
than are in one and the same FISON of the sequence.

> PROOF: Any such fison, S_k, alleged to contain all other fisons,  S_j's,
> as subsets fails to contain its successor fison S_(k+1) as a subset.
> And every fison, like every natural, has a succesor.

If a theory supplies two proofs that contradict each other, then the
theory is useless. This is the case with a theory that results in
finished infinity. Therefore I recommend: Please ty to remember how
you learned and applied mathematics before you fell into the traps of
matheology.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
12/2/11
Read TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/2/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Scott Berg
12/2/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/3/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Daryl McCullough
12/3/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/4/11
[...]
Virgil
12/4/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Daryl McCullough
12/4/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
12/5/11
[...]
William Hughes
12/6/11
[...]
Owen Jacobson
12/7/11
[...]
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
William Hughes
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
William Hughes
12/8/11
[...]
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
William Hughes
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Marshall
12/9/11
[...]
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Franz Fritsche
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
David R Tribble
12/12/11
[...]
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Owen Jacobson
12/14/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/14/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/22/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Owen Jacobson
12/23/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/23/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
MoeBlee
12/25/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/26/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/26/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
MoeBlee
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/28/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/28/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/29/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/29/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/30/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/30/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/31/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/31/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
1/1/12
[...]
YBM
1/2/12
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
1/3/12
[...]
1/4/12
[...]
INFINITY POWER
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
MoeBlee
12/28/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
David Yen
12/28/11
[...]
donstockbauer@hotmail.com
12/23/11
[...]
[...]