Topic: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Replies: 284   Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 12:18 AM

Virgil

Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory

In article
<42cd77ac-619c-474d-85da-97517411f1e4@c13g2000vbh.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 12 Dez., 00:43, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
>

> > > That is potential infinity. There is no set of natural numbers that is
> > > larger than every FISON.

> > While there is no set of natural numbers larger than every SET of
> > fisons, there is a set of natural numbers larger than any single fison,

> This is impossible, because all natural numbers belong to a single
> FISON by definition of the inclusion monotonic set of FISONs obtained
> from the set of exponents of the sequence (a_k) with a_k = 10^-1 +
> 10^-2 + ... + 10^-k.

The objects of that definition coincides with the John von Newumann
naturals, which collectively form an actually infinite set in ZFC.

I.e., it is a set allowing injection to a proper subset.

For example, the mapping n -> n+1 maps the set of all JvN naturals to a
proper subset of the set of all JvN naturals.

Or does WM claim to be able to find some n for which there does not
exist any n+1?
--

Date Subject Author
12/2/11
12/2/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/3/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Daryl McCullough
12/3/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/4/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Daryl McCullough
12/4/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/4/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Daryl McCullough
12/4/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/4/11
[...]
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
12/5/11
[...]
William Hughes
12/6/11
[...]
Owen Jacobson
12/7/11
[...]
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
William Hughes
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/7/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
William Hughes
12/8/11
[...]
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
William Hughes
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/9/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Marshall
12/9/11
[...]
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/10/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/11/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Franz Fritsche
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
J. Antonio Perez M.
12/12/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
David R Tribble
12/12/11
[...]
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/13/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Owen Jacobson
12/14/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/14/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/22/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Owen Jacobson
12/23/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/23/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
MoeBlee
12/25/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/26/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/26/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/26/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
MoeBlee
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Graham Cooper
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/28/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/28/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/29/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/29/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/30/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/30/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
12/31/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/31/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
1/1/12
[...]
YBM
1/2/12
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
Virgil
1/3/12
[...]
1/4/12
[...]
INFINITY POWER
12/27/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
MoeBlee
12/28/11
Read Re: TRANSFINITE would be very weak if there was an alternate theory
David Yen
12/28/11
[...]
donstockbauer@hotmail.com
12/23/11
[...]
[...]