Topic: Printing Mathematica Notebooks and WYSIWYG
Replies: 11   Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 3:40 AM

mike.honeychurch@gmail.com

Re: Printing Mathematica Notebooks and WYSIWYG

On Dec 16, 9:52 pm, Gregory Lypny <gregory.ly...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> Thank you for responding. Not sure how to do that. When I call up the
> stylesheet for a notebook, the styles apparently pertain to the working
> environment. There does not seem to be any option to see the styles for
> printout. A notebook's default font for text cells is Times 12-point
> in the working environment. If I switch to the printout environment,
> the text cell font is Times 13.5 point, but that has no effect on
> printing, where it appears to print as 9 or 10 point. I also opened the
> Option Inspector and searched for options with the word print, but
> nothing resembles one that would cause Mathematica to print in the
> apparent font size.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gregory
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011, at 6:50 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> > The Printout environment is different from the viewing environments
>
> (Working, Presentation,...). You may want to edit the style sheet and
> change the settings for the Printout environment there to suit your
> needs.

For some reason the default magnification for the "Printout" style is
0.72. Therefore a 12 point font would look like a 9 point font when
printed.

To change the Printout style you could edit the stylesheet and create
a new input cell and select the cell bracket and then go Cell > Show
Expression from the menu and paste in this:

Cell[StyleData[All, "Printout"],
Magnification->1]

then do Cell > Show Expression again.

Alternatively you could set the print magnification locally in your
notebook with this:

SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],
StyleDefinitions ->
Notebook[{Cell[StyleData[StyleDefinitions -> "Default.nb"]],
Cell[StyleData[All, "Printout"], Magnification -> 1]}]]

Mike