Topic: Internet access during exams
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 11:00 PM

Eric Jacobsen

Re: Internet access during exams

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:40:48 -0800 (PST), Rune Allnor
<allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote:

>Just a heads-up / warning for the regulars who answer
>questions and provide other help here:
>
>The Norwegian Ministry of Education is abut to test
>examinations where students have access to internet:
>
>http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/Skeptiske-til--bruke-Internett-p-eksamen-6734506.html
>
>(Haven't found an English version yet; no doubt some will
>pop up as soon the international news stations pick up on
>this lunacy.)
>
>As for now, there is a non-vanishing chance that there
>might pop up questions from students who need answers
>not for homework or projects, but for exams. The idea
>is insane enough to actually spread to other parts of
>the world, so beware; the answers you give here might
>be what get your next colleague his or her diploma...
>
>Rune

Usenet, and most internet q&a venues, isn't good for real-time
answers, so I doubt it'll be much problem here. It's easily managed
at an individual level by just looking at the post time and not
responding unless a typical exam duration has passed.

Eric Jacobsen
Anchor Hill Communications
www.anchorhill.com