Topic: Internet access during exams
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 11:00 PM

glen herrmannsfeldt

Re: Internet access during exams

In comp.dsp Tim Wescott <tim@seemywebsite.com> wrote:

(snip)

> The answer is to design the exam so that having access to the Internet
> doesn't help.

> I don't know if that's _possible_, but that's the _answer_.

I remember in college having "open calculator" exams when there
were no numbers anywhere in any of the problems to calculate.

Now that calculators can do symbolic algebra, maybe they would
be more useful.

Maybe you can't design an exam so that the Internet doesn't help,
but maybe just not help enough.

-- glen