Topic: common core geometry question
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 6, 2012 4:42 AM

Roberta M. Eisenberg

Re: common core geometry question

I think it means the latter. There used to be a classic construction in the old geometry Regents that required a student to divide a given segment into any number of congruent parts.

In your example, the ratio is 3:4 so that there will be 7 parts. Then depending on how the question is worded, there would be two answers.

If you need further info as to how to do the construction, let me know.

Bobbi Eisenberg,
Chairperson UFT Math Teachers Committee

*