Replies: 50   Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 8:17 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
att1.html (10.9 K)

It seems that we are getting somewhere Jerry. If these comparisons you make between IE classes and noted Chinese performances are accurate then we are talking 5's across the board in AP Calculus with maybe a few 4's. It would help me a great deal in qualifying the successes you and John speak of if you could point me to these schools and the IE classes therein to witness the curriculum and the performance you claim. I have loads of data on Chinese students, in Shanghai and here. All I need now to complete this puzzle are these classes you speak of. The AP data should be a cinch since schools normally publish stellar results like that and top performing calculus students would take nothing but AP calculus (BC in fact), if not simply for the challenge, for the easy college credit.

Bob Hansen

On Jan 23, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Jerome Epstein wrote:

> The most recent work is that students in
> China show gain at the same level as the Interactive-Engagement students
> in the West.

Date Subject Author
1/22/12
Read [math-learn] Re: FCI and CCI in China #2
Richard Hake
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/22/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/23/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/23/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/24/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/24/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/24/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/24/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/24/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
timotha@comcast.net
1/24/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/25/12
[...]
1/26/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Ed Wall
1/26/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/27/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Ed Wall
1/27/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI --where from here?
Jerry Epstein