Replies: 50   Last Post: Jan 27, 2012 8:17 PM

Ed Wall

Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
att1.html (11.6 K)

John

This seems reasonable. But is that gut feeling or intellectual discernment (smile). Of course, we would all like to think it is the latter (and that is gut feeling).Ed

On Jan 26, 2012, at 11:45 PM, John Clement wrote:

> Here is an interesting article about the psychology of accepting something:
>
> http://www.sciencenewsline.com/psychology/2012012017430043.html
>
> John M. Clement
> Houston, TX
>

>> I've been reading this conversation as it has progressed and
>> thought I'd make a comment or so and put forth a speculation.
>>
>> I think I read Bob Hansen as saying he'd like to see some
>> correlation of traditional 'success' (and while I believe he
>> has some candidates in mind for this term, they seem to be up
>> for debate) with the interesting results Jerry has noted.
>> However, I really am doubtful much of anything will
>> necessarily convince those who don't want to be convinced.
>> Further, I rather doubt that those who don't want to be
>> convince are going to take John up on reading and trying.
>> However, strangely enough I am starting to see sort of a
>> Kuhnian paradigm surfacing with regards a number of folks who
>> were randomly anti. There is still skepticism but it has
>> become grudgingly nuanced.

Date Subject Author
1/22/12
Read [math-learn] Re: FCI and CCI in China #2
Richard Hake
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] Re: FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/22/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/22/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/23/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/23/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/23/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Jerry Epstein
1/24/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/24/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/24/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Robert Hansen
1/24/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/24/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
timotha@comcast.net
1/24/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/25/12
[...]
1/26/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Ed Wall
1/26/12
Read RE: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
John Clement
1/27/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI in China #2
Ed Wall
1/27/12
Read Re: [math-learn] FCI and CCI --where from here?
Jerry Epstein