Topic: Stewart
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 25, 2001 11:46 AM

Geoff Hagopian

Stewart

Stewart's book comes in a few different flavors. In the "Concepts and Context"
edition, I have a problem with the lack of depth in chapter 7, which covers
differential equations. It's hard to avoid getting into more interesting
techniques
which aren't covered in the text. Also, the applications of integration section

would do well to include surface areas for volumes of revolution. Does the new
edition do these things?

Dave Slomer wrote:

> > Stewart's book is a masterpiece.
>
> I agree wholeheartedly. The problems he has selected make his book a must in
> EVERY calculus classroom, if only as a reference for more great problems.
>
> Dave Slomer
> a.k.a. Fool

> send mail to:
>
> majordomo@ams.org
>
> with the following in the message body:
>
> unsubscribe calc-reform your_email_address
>
> -Information on the subject line is disregarded.

send mail to:

majordomo@ams.org

with the following in the message body:

unsubscribe calc-reform your_email_address

-Information on the subject line is disregarded.

Date Subject Author
3/5/01
Read Stewart
Geoff Hagopian