Topic: conjecture on sums of primes
Replies: 13   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 12:45 AM

Don Redmond

Re: conjecture on sums of primes

On Feb 2, 3:35 am, Paul <pepste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I conjecture that, for all integers N > 1, there exists an integer E
> such that E can be expressed as the sum of two primes in more than N
> different ways.
>
> Is this conjecture true, false, or unknown?
>
> Is it equivalent to a better-known conjecture?  Has exactly the same
> conjecture already been made and given a standard name?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Paul Epstein

I seem to recall some results (from the 60s or 70s) to the effect that
on average the number of representations is unbounded, that is, the
larger
the number the more representations. Unfortunately I can't give you
any
exact references.

Don