Topic: Who Is Responsible for Student Achievement?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 2:09 AM

Louis Talman

Re: Who Is Responsible for Student Achievement?

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Wayne Bishop <wbishop@calstatela.edu> wrote:

> The fact of the matter is, (before we dropped out) I tried very hard to help
> support my son's schools and beyond, my local public district improve its
> elementary school mathematics program and the committee was delighted to
> have a university mathematician participating.  As long as they could use my
> name and not adopt any of my recommendations.

Well, you *were* a university mathematician, and you *were*
participating. You were even giving them advice. Why should they not
say so?

As to their wisdom in not adopting any of your recommendations, one
can only offer them congratulations---contingent, of course, upon
those recommendations being what I'm pretty sure that they were.

- --Louis A. Talman
  Metropolitan State College of Denver

  <http://rowdy.mscd.edu/%7Etalmanl>