The Math Forum

Topic: Finland
Replies: 52   Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 3:22 PM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Finland

At 07:18 AM 2/18/2012, Paul Tanner wrote in response to me:

>What makes you think that any of this you want to see happen would
>actually happen for all gifted and profoundly gifted without it being
>legally mandated?

What makes you think that I believe it would? I also have almost
complete conviction that it will never be law nor imposed by the
courts by judicial overreach (the only way they could do it). That
is why I became a supporter of vouchers about two decades
ago. Anything to try to break the current stranglehold that
prohibits far too many children from low
socioeconomic/education-level communities from having access to a
competent, academically challenging environment.

Wayne

Date Subject Author
2/12/12
Read Re: Finland