The Math Forum

Topic: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Replies: 109   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 7:38 PM

oriel36

Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)

On Feb 23, 3:24 am, moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
wrote:
> palsing <pnals...@gmail.com> writes:
> >Go here...
> >http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/mrst.php

> You beat me to it.  I was about to post a reply about that very same site.
>

> >You can even set the page for January 1st and select 365 days, and get
> >the rise times for the entire year, all 365 days, and see for yourself
> >just how those rise times fall back each day by those same 3 minutes
> >and 56 seconds each day.

> For this year, select 366 days, otherwise the readout ends on December 30.
>
> But the important thing is, if you select 365 days, there will be a total
> of 366 Sirius-rises and 366 Sirius-sets.

The orbital (heliacal) setting and rising of Sirius is so well
attested,in other words is disappears from view as our orbit puts it
behind the glare of the Sun that no person calling themselves an
astronomer could imagine the star in stellar circumpolar motion.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=9LT1q0Il3-YC&pg=PA87&dq=sirius+heliacal+rising&hl=en&sa=X&ei=KERFT6WcDJGk-gaFyOmOAg&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

When people see Sirius move out of the glare of the Sun in August,they
are watching a genuine orbital event as our planet heads in the
direction of Sirius and less than 10 months later they will watch
Sirius disappear once more from view as Sirius enters the glare of the
Sun from the opposite side.

Any star in Ursa Major,which the ancients called the
'Imperishables',as they are always in view,pass the observer's
meridian 365 times in non leap years and 366 times in a leap year so
that from the arbitrary orbital point of March 1st 2008 until February
29th this week,a star that is always in view will have crossed the
observer's meridian 1461 times.Perhaps people cannot count,as this is
all it requires but where they are going to get 1465 rotations does
not tally for observations and detracts from the great orbital
spectacle where stars such as Sirius disappear behind the Sun's glare
due to the orbital motion of the Earth.

 Select 366 days, as you should
> this year, and there are 367 rises and sets.
> This works for any non-circumpolar star, of course.

Here is this wonderful spectacle that I haven't promoted often enough
in order to concentrate on polar dawn/twilight and the specifics of
our planet's orbital traits and you can come here and without
objection state something that exists only in your imagination as
'fact'.The most basic form of astronomy are the constellation
spotters,those guys who go outside and identify stars and even if
anecdotal to Americans that Sirius is directly behind the glare of the
Sun on July 4th,it cannot be appreciated if it is sent spinning in
stellar circumpolar motion

http://dcsymbols.com/misinformation/sirius.htm

I can live with the hostility,it is the awful silence that is
difficult to accept for here ,with February 29th approaching as the
1461st rotation of the Earth covering 4 orbital circuits,there is no
genuine astronomer who can accept the balance of 1461 rotations on one
side and 4 orbital circuits on the other with all thrilling details of
the great cycles of the Earth.

Date Subject Author
2/13/12
Read Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/13/12
Read the Twins <shrug>'d
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dirk Van de moortel
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/17/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
PD
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dono
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
pnalsing@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/21/12
[...]
Michael Moroney
2/22/12
[...]
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Chris.B
2/23/12
[...]
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
cwldoc
2/22/12
[...]
Daryl McCullough
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
2/23/12
[...]
Peter Webb
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/28/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Roger Onslow
2/28/12