The Math Forum

Topic: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Replies: 109   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 7:38 PM

oriel36

Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)

On Feb 23, 4:36 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/23/12 10:11 AM, oriel36 wrote:
>

> > In July,Sirius disappears from sight due to the orbital motion of the
> > Earth and the glare of the central Sun -

>    I've already pointed out to you, Gerald, that the "glare of the
>    central sun", or more simply, the sun, is not an impediment to
>    observers with modest instruments.

It is not an issue,the disappearance of Sirius and its re-appearance
results from the orbital motion of the Earth and the glare of the
central Sun whereas putting Sirius in stellar circumpolar motion as
Flamsteed did in drawing his ill-fated conclusion obscures,for want of
a better word,the wonderful astronomical event which meant so much in
antiquity as it coincided with the flooding of the Nile and today it
is totally behind the Sun around Independence day and at the
perihelion on July 4th.

A really nice and courteous astronomer I met lately told me how
special a solar eclipse is and I have no doubt that it is however
astronomical events go on all the time,everything from sunrise/
sunset,from the turning of the polar coordinate through the circle of
illumination at the equinoxes,the appearance of Sirius due to the
annual trek of the Earth and such simple things as the ebb and flow of
the tides or complex things like evolutionary geology arising from the
planet's motions,one event just as special as the next.

If you are intent in ignoring the orbital event surrounding Sirius
then that is your choice in order to maintain the stellar circumpolar
framework of Ra/Dec and the calendar based clockwork solar system it
generates but so much of astronomy and its technical and historical
details vanish with it.Unlike other times,I will not push the issue as
people already know.

Date Subject Author
2/13/12
Read Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/13/12
Read the Twins <shrug>'d
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dirk Van de moortel
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/17/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
PD
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dono
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
pnalsing@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/21/12
[...]
Michael Moroney
2/22/12
[...]
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Chris.B
2/23/12
[...]
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
cwldoc
2/22/12
[...]
Daryl McCullough
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
2/23/12
[...]
Peter Webb
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/28/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Roger Onslow
2/28/12