The Math Forum

Topic: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Replies: 109   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 7:38 PM

Androcles

Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)

"Quadibloc" <jsavard@ecn.ab.ca> wrote in message
|I read Herbert Dingle's original paper. His claim that Special
| Relativity was inconsistent was based on working out the Twins Paradox
| in two ways and getting different answers - because in one case "time
| at a distance" was explicit, and because he didn't believe in it, he
| didn't use it.
|
| This is like proving arithmetic is inconsistent because you don't
| believe in carries, and so you add two numbers in two different ways,
| one in which the operation is hidden (so you get the right answer),
| and one in which carrying is explicit, and you intentionally neglect
| to do it - so you get the wrong answer, and the two answers don't
| agree.
|
| I'm sorry, but this sort of thing proves only that he can't be taken
| seriously.
|
| John Savard

You are midway between two candles, travelling toward one
and away from the other. The speed of light from one candle
is "measured" (Einstein's word) to be c when it is in fact c+v
and the speed of light from the other candle is measured to be
c when it is in fact c-v.
You're sorry, but this sort of thing proves only that you are fucking
stupid.

Date Subject Author
2/13/12
Read Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/13/12
Read the Twins <shrug>'d
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dirk Van de moortel
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/17/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
PD
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dono
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
pnalsing@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/21/12
[...]
Michael Moroney
2/22/12
[...]
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Chris.B
2/23/12
[...]
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
cwldoc
2/22/12
[...]
Daryl McCullough
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
2/23/12
[...]
Peter Webb
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/28/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Roger Onslow
2/28/12