Topic: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Replies: 59   Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 7:12 AM

Peter Webb

Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers

"jbriggs444" <jbriggs444@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 24, 1:00 am, "Peter Webb" <r.peter.webb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The explicit bijection between digit strings and real numbers gets
> you completely past the dual-representation problem.
> I don't see how.

Right there. That is you being a stupid idiot.

If you have a bijection between the digit strings and the
real numbers then, by definition of bijection, you do
not have a single real number represented by two distinct
digit strings.

That takes you past the dual-representation problem.
__________________________________
Certainly, but it does not allow for a trivial digit interleaving to form a
bijection between R and R^2, which is the step I asked to be shown and which
you snipped.

> If you think I have said something incorrect in this thread, you
> should cut-and-paste it in context and we can discuss. Its almost
> certainly
> some lack of mathematical knowledge on your part.

Challenge met above. The lack is yours.
_____________________________________
I did in fact post a correct bijection based on digit interleaving elsewhere
in this thread. We have seen nothing from you. If you think that using the
mapping R -> P(N) to form a bijection between R and R^2 using digit
interleaving is trivial, show us how it is done. You will note that with the
digit interleaving bijection I provided earlier I provided a working
example, if you claim that a more trivial digit interleaving bijection
exists please show us how it works. Put up or shut up.

Date Subject Author
2/19/12
Read Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Michael Ejercito
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
William Elliot
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
Virgil
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
Butch Malahide
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
Virgil
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
David C. Ullrich
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
Virgil
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers?
David C. Ullrich
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Pubkeybreaker
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
The Perturbator
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Pubkeybreaker
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Richard Tobin
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Michael Ejercito
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Kaba
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Kaba
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Kaba
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Tim Little
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Richard Tobin
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Virgil
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
David R Tribble
2/19/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Michael Ejercito
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
jbriggs444@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
David Yen
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
David Yen
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
David Yen
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/21/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
jbriggs444@gmail.com
2/21/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/23/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
jbriggs444@gmail.com
2/24/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/24/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
jbriggs444@gmail.com
2/24/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/22/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Tim Little
2/22/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/20/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/21/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
G. A. Edgar
2/21/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Peter Webb
2/22/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Tommy Jensen
2/23/12
Read Re: Bijection Between Complex Numbers and Real Numbers
Dan Cass
2/23/12
[...]
trj
2/23/12