The Math Forum

Topic: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Replies: 109   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 7:38 PM

oriel36

Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)

On Feb 24, 11:28 pm, Mike Collins <acridiniumes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oriel36 <kelleher.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>    Glare of the Sun is *no longer and issue*, Gerald.
>
> > Well,the Egyptian priests went to bed one night and woke up one
> > specific morning to find that Sirius could be discriminated against
> > the glare of the Sun,for contemporaries we should think of it less of
> > Sirius rising against the horizon than the Earth moving Sirius
> > sideways to the central Sun by virtue of our orbital motion a and I
> > feel that any reader who does admire the event as an affirmation of
> > the Earth's orbital motion would find it impossible if not repulsive
> > to put Sirius in stellar circumpolar motion or the daily 'rising and
> > setting' of stars and the clockwork system of Ra/Dec.

> The motions if Sirius are an affirmation of the rotation of Earth once
> every sidereal day.
>

> >  Bad proofreading aside,I often wonder if what I write is so
> > unintelligible to readers even if it makes so much sense to me and
> > that is not a grab at self-congratulation but rather a very personal
> > thing that I don't know  if it is an attribute or a failing,yet I
> > concentrate on ideas while others are intent in making things personal
> > prevents me from falling too far into dismay insofar as there is
> > integrity and honesty involved.Besides, the disappointment for my
> > ancestors and their heritage or the obstacles put in front of students
> > today far outweighs personal considerations and on the other side,the
> > emergence of modern imaging power,sequential imaging and time lapse
> > footage is so good that it should be giving people plenty to do.

> We don't make things personal.
> You are wrong and reject or misinterpret all the evidence because or your
> wrong convictions.
> The essence of science is that you must be sceptical of your own beliefs.
> You must always assess  at the evidence and try to look sceptically at your
> beliefs.

Ultimately we all look at the same picture as our ancestors did so
when Sirius appears one day from behind the central Sun due to the
orbital motion of the Earth,it has the same sacred significance now as
it always has even if men should dump that star into stellar
circumpolar motion.It is not a matter of being right or wrong but
depth of understanding and there would come a time when a person may
feel heartbroken but that is the way life is sometimes and someday it
will turn out fine.Just not today.

Date Subject Author
2/13/12
Read Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/13/12
Read the Twins <shrug>'d
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dirk Van de moortel
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/17/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
PD
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dono
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
pnalsing@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/21/12
[...]
Michael Moroney
2/22/12
[...]
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Chris.B
2/23/12
[...]
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
cwldoc
2/22/12
[...]
Daryl McCullough
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
2/23/12
[...]
Peter Webb
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/28/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Roger Onslow
2/28/12