The Math Forum

Topic: Open nbs automatically with 150%
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 2:00 AM

szhorvat@gmail.com

Re: Open nbs automatically with 150%

On Friday, 24 February 2012 08:00:32 UTC+2, Reinhard Simonovits wrote:
> Since I use a laptop with a high resolution monitor, all letters are
> very small.
>
> How can I persuade Mathematica 8, to open each nb with File > Open or
> File > New or each Helpbrowser nb automatically with 150% magnification?
>
> I looked up the Option Inspector but could not find an appropriate
> entry. Maybe I have overlooked something.
>
> Any help appreciated.

Please see this page for two possible answers:

http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/1310/how-to-set-default-magnification-for-all-windows

In short, evaluate

SetOptions[$FrontEndSession,
FontProperties -> {"ScreenResolution" -> 108}
]

108 is 1.5 times the default resolution. Adjust it to your liking.

When you are satisfied with the result, evaluate

SetOptions[$FrontEnd,
FontProperties -> {"ScreenResolution" -> 108}
]

to make the setting persist between sessions.