Topic: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Replies: 109   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 7:38 PM

oriel36

Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)

On Feb 24, 11:28 pm, Mike Collins <acridiniumes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oriel36 <kelleher.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>    Glare of the Sun is *no longer and issue*, Gerald.
>
> > Well,the Egyptian priests went to bed one night and woke up one
> > specific morning to find that Sirius could be discriminated against
> > the glare of the Sun,for contemporaries we should think of it less of
> > Sirius rising against the horizon than the Earth moving Sirius
> > sideways to the central Sun by virtue of our orbital motion a and I
> > feel that any reader who does admire the event as an affirmation of
> > the Earth's orbital motion would find it impossible if not repulsive
> > to put Sirius in stellar circumpolar motion or the daily 'rising and
> > setting' of stars and the clockwork system of Ra/Dec.

> The motions if Sirius are an affirmation of the rotation of Earth once
> every sidereal day.
>

> >  Bad proofreading aside,I often wonder if what I write is so
> > unintelligible to readers even if it makes so much sense to me and
> > that is not a grab at self-congratulation but rather a very personal
> > thing that I don't know  if it is an attribute or a failing,yet I
> > concentrate on ideas while others are intent in making things personal
> > prevents me from falling too far into dismay insofar as there is
> > integrity and honesty involved.Besides, the disappointment for my
> > ancestors and their heritage or the obstacles put in front of students
> > today far outweighs personal considerations and on the other side,the
> > emergence of modern imaging power,sequential imaging and time lapse
> > footage is so good that it should be giving people plenty to do.

> We don't make things personal.
> You are wrong and reject or misinterpret all the evidence because or your
> wrong convictions.
> The essence of science is that you must be sceptical of your own beliefs.
> You must always assess  at the evidence and try to look sceptically at your
> beliefs.

"Sidus, especially Sirius or the Dog's star, whence "sidere percussus"
is, blighted or blasted, and sideratus. [An etymological dictionary of
the Latin language, Valpy, 1828, p.431]
Latin sidus comes from the Indo-European root *sweid- To shine.
Possible suffixed form *sweid-es-. 1. sidereal, from Latin sidus,
constellation, star. 2. consider ("set alongside the stars"),
considerate, desire (Latin desiderare, from de + sidus, the meaning of
"await what the stars will bring")"

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Constellations/CanisMajor.html

'Sidereal day' is an astronomical oxymoron,the term sidereal is
definitive of an orbital return of a star and not its daily return
hence the formatting of the appearance of Sirius from behind the Sun
using an extra day after 4 consecutive 365 day cycles as the familiar
365/366 day system.

The issue in not about winning an argument nor about concluding one as
in astronomy there is no end to modifications and adjustments and this
particular issue has several dozen different type of aspects heading
in different directions,it is not even beginning to put a picture
together which is the dismaying feature of this era for putting Sirius
in daily stellar circumpolar motion is counter-productive in the
extreme when considering (con-siderere) the line of sight argument
which puts Sirius behind the central Sun for a period of time.

It is incredibly frustrating knowing what exactly went wrong at the
juncture where stellar circumpolar ideologies suffocate understanding
of real genuine astronomical work and even more so knowing that the
empirical agendas would remain unaffected when the astronomy returning
to a functioning discipline,it is true that many of the vacuous
novelties would disappear but who needs them anyway !.I looked at the
etymology website and it says that 'amateur' is a word born of love
and a feel for something and it only acquired its contemporary meaning
in 1786 where people do it for pay and no talent is required,if there
was the conversations here would be vibrant and this world would be a
different.

Date Subject Author
2/13/12
Read Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/13/12
Read the Twins <shrug>'d
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dirk Van de moortel
2/14/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/17/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/18/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
PD
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Koobee Wublee
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Dono
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
microm2011@hotmail.com
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Hayek
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/19/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
pnalsing@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Androcles
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/20/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/21/12
[...]
Michael Moroney
2/22/12
[...]
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Chris.B
2/23/12
[...]
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/24/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
oriel36
2/22/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
cwldoc
2/22/12
[...]
Daryl McCullough
2/23/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
2/23/12
[...]
Peter Webb
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/25/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Sam Wormley
2/26/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Henry Wilson DSc
2/28/12
Read Re: Dingle and the Twins' Paradox (Tom and Paul Andersen are wrong)
Roger Onslow
2/28/12