Topic: Is there some number outside the complex field range?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 2:21 PM

J. Antonio Perez M.

Re: Is there some number outside the complex field range?

On Feb 28, 1:08 pm, Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As is well known to all, the complex field is the most comprehensive
> field for now. But, I want to know is it possible or not to create a
> number filed which is bigger than the complex field?  Why or why not?
>
> Any hints will highly appreciated.
>
> Best regards
> --
> .: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.

Define "most comprehensive field", please.
And, for example, the field of functions C(x) = the fractions field of
the integral domain C[x] = all the polynomials with complex
coefficients, is a field with canonically contains an isomorphic copy
of C and thus, in this sense, is much "larger" than C itself.

Tonio