Topic: Is there some number outside the complex field range?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 28, 2012 2:21 PM

G. A. Edgar

Re: Is there some number outside the complex field range?

In article <jiicjl$63b$1@aspen.stu.neva.ru>, Hongyi Zhao
<hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As is well known to all, the complex field is the most comprehensive
> field for now. But, I want to know is it possible or not to create a
> number filed which is bigger than the complex field? Why or why not?
>
> Any hints will highly appreciated.
>
> Best regards

Perhaps find out about : surreal numbers; nonstandard analysis;
transseries; and many more...

--
G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/