Topic: new functional operator
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jun 3, 2012 5:05 AM

Re: new functional operator

On 4 Mrz., 10:37, noqsiaerosp...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:52:46 PM UTC+9, roby wrote:
> > Dear Group and Mathematica staff.
> > In the functional programming spirit I am missing a postfix notation
> > forMap[ ].

> How about:
> RightVector[a_,f_]:=Map[f, a]
> RightVector[a_,more__]:=RightVector[Map[{more}[[1]],a],Sequence@@Drop[{more },1]]
> Then:
> {1,2,3}\[RightVector](#^2&)\[RightVector]g
> yields:
> {g[1],g[4],g[9]}
> (it looks nicer in a notebook)

surprisingly easy, surprisingly not yet standard in Mathematica

can even be prettyfied a little bit:

or we can use LeftTee[ ] which in contrast to RightArrow[ ] already
implements the neccesary left-assocciativitiy such that:

LeftTee[a_, f_] := f /@ a

is all we need.

(looks nicer in a notebook)