Topic: consumer math textbook
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 4, 2012 9:25 AM

Frantel, Phyllis

RE: consumer math textbook
att1.html (8.0 K)

And you notice we haven't heard a word about the economics class since our meeting

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Cooney, Amanda
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:51 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: RE: consumer math textbook

We use Practical Math for Consumers by Globe Fearon (Pearson) which is a little old (2004) so some of the figures are outdated, but it covers over half of our course. Units are: budgeting, paychecks, banking and saving, cash or credit, housing, buying and preparing food, buying personal items, owning a vehicle, and recreation, travel, and entertainment. We also ordered a class set which comes with supplementary materials.