Topic: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Replies: 266   Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 9:13 AM

Rotwang

From: Swansea
Registered: 7/26/06
Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math

On 16/03/2012 02:52, DavidW wrote:
> [...]
>
> Did you need to use infinite sets or only induction?

Infinite sets, specifically the sets s_n, as well as {lub s_n | n in N}
and {glb s_n | n in N}. Induction doesn't come into that part at all and
I don't see how it could (though it would have come into proofs of the
triangle lemma, the identity for a geometric series and the inequality
between factorials and powers of 2, if you had asked me to prove those).

> P.S. I appreciate the effort you made posting that. Thanks.

You're welcome, it was a useful exercise for me.

Date Subject Author
3/7/12
Read Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/7/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
adamk
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Brian Chandler
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Richard Tobin
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
amzoti
3/9/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
micky
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Frederick Williams
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/8/12
[...]
3/10/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Frederick Williams
3/10/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/10/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/10/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Jerry Friedman
3/10/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Don Phillipson
3/10/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Harrison Hill
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Tom P
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Prai Jei
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Peter Moylan
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/13/12
[...]
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Rotwang
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
3/14/12
[...]
3/15/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Jussi Piitulainen
3/15/12
[...]
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Rotwang
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Rotwang
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/17/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/17/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Daryl McCullough
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Prai Jei
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Transfer Principle
3/15/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
FredJeffries@gmail.com
3/15/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Transfer Principle
3/15/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Daryl McCullough
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Stan Brown
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
R H Draney
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Daryl McCullough
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Snidely
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Jerry Friedman
3/13/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Lanarcam
3/13/12
[...]
Michael Stemper
3/17/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Peter Moylan
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Michael Stemper
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/14/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Tim Little
3/13/12
[...]
Jim Burns
3/14/12
[...]
Virgil
3/15/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Rotwang
3/16/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
quasi
3/16/12
[...]
3/11/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
DavidW
3/12/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
bogus address
3/9/12
[...]
ma'ayan peres
3/11/12
[...]
Pubkeybreaker
3/12/12
[...]
Jesse F. Hughes
3/9/12
[...]
3/19/12
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Dirk Van de moortel
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/8/12
Read Re: Warning to visitors to sci.math
David C. Ullrich
3/8/12