Topic: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Replies: 43   Last Post: Mar 20, 2012 5:22 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing

But your argument has nothing to back it up. Roughly 3 out of 5 pass
nationally. Where are your national data on the distribution of
passing rates? All you are doing is committing the fallacy of arguing
from anecdote or data covering only one state.

Of course the distribution of passing rates will be uneven, even very
uneven. So what? Even or even very uneven distributions are actually
more often the norm regardless of what one is talking about.

I repeat what I just said in the other post just sent, given the
information I included that grade inflation is actually worse in the
private schools: Other than using external or nonlocal assessments -
the more external and nonlocal the better - as is presently being done
with such as the AP exams to try to be a counter to grade inflation
nationwide by at least exposing it, what do you say should be done in
terms of public policy regarding grade inflation? Nothing? Shut down
the external assessments? What?

Simply saying things like "students should get the grades they
deserve" is a non-answer to this question.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
> I argue that it is broken at most schools. Can't you at least admit it is in far worse shape than you first thought?
>
> Bob Hansen
>

> On Mar 17, 2012, at 2:29 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> BS. You argue that because the distribution of the nationwide passing
>> rate is not evenly distributed, then it's broken. One whale of a
>> fallacious argument.

Date Subject Author
3/13/12
Read Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Jerry P. Becker
3/13/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/14/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes
testing
Wayne Bishop
3/14/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/14/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/14/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/14/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/16/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/16/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/16/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/16/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes
testing
Wayne Bishop
3/16/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Haim
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Haim
3/17/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/18/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/19/12
[...]
3/20/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/19/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Robert Hansen
3/20/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Haim
3/20/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Paul A. Tanner III
3/20/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Haim
3/20/12
Read Re: Clear Creek TX sch. board resolution vs. high-stakes testing
Gary Tupper
3/20/12