Topic: Hilbert on the infinite
Replies: 41   Last Post: Mar 23, 2012 8:54 AM

J. Antonio Perez M.

Re: Hilbert on the infinite

On Mar 19, 7:12 am, Peter Brooks <peter.h.m.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thank you for confessing your error. You've not admitted to
> > > misunderstanding, nor to reading in things that were not there, but,
> > > at least you admit you were wrong in claiming that I said what
> > > mathematicians ought to say.

> > **** Well, now you're sadly mistaken in believing I admited such a
> > thing,

> You claimed that I'd said 'ought', above you admit that I didn't.
> That's a confession. Not a gracious one, I admit, nor a properly
> fulsome one, but I wasn't really expecting either of those. [see my
> previous comment on expectations]

You seem to be seriously understanding-impaired: your claim was that I
admited I was wrong, and I told you I didn't. Now you say I admit that
you didn't say "ought", with which I wholeheartedly agree, and yet you
still seem utterly oblivious to the fact that you were wrong when you
wrote I admited I was wrong...which I have never done.

Oh, well....who cares?

Tonio

Date Subject Author
3/17/12
[...]
[...]