The Math Forum

Topic: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Replies: 50   Last Post: May 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM, jk@israeliteknight.com
<jk@israeliteknight.com> wrote:
> "The Prime Directive of the Education Mafia is to reduce "The Gap", grade inflation is a natural consequent. Grade inflation is an inevitable, ineluctable, inescapable consequent of The Prime Directive. Grade inflation is entirely the outcome of Education Mafia policy and practice."
>
> In pursuit of narrowing the gap, and spending an EXTRA $12 TRILLION in the process for education, the internet and the MSM are replete with all kinds of stories about how much better Blacks are doing relative to Whites (and Asians).  So we go back and look at NAEP math scores themselves, which we already know have been subject to the same "pressure" which caused TEACHERS all the way from Beverly Hall's gang in Atlanta, to Washington, DC, to New Jersey, and now to Philadelphia, to engage in grade inflation [read: cheating], and what do we find?
>
> 1990 NAEP math score
> White 270
> Asian 275
> Black 237
>
> 2009 NAEP math score
> White 293
> Asian 301
> Black 261
>
> Delta in gap between 1990 and 2009, the years during which we the sheeple are supposed to believe that all kinds of great things happened in American education
>
> Black-White -1 point
> Black-Asian PLUS 2 points
>
> This is AFTER known advocates (and admitted LIARS) have massaged the data, have claimed that math scores of Whites increased 23 points while NO other test shows such an improvement in math skills, and AFTER other testing agencies have opened up their databases to the public while NAEP remains more secretive than the mafia.
>
> A 1 point DECREASE in the gap between Whites and Blacks is less than the standard error, so it is statistically insignificant.  ALSO, so is the 2 point INCREASE in the gap between Blacks and Asians.
>
> Was the EXTRA $12 TRILLION a complete and total loss?  Of course not.  It enabled the education mafia to attain most if not all of its major goals (one of which certainly was not to improve American Blacks in any way whatsoever).

Just so the reader is not conned and understands the "argument" put
forth by the above person, that it is an attempt to promote racist
ideas in a subtle way, in my post

http://www.mathforum.com/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7628443&tstart=30

I document many very vicious and very racist public comments by this
person, including that black people are merely sub-human animals and
that if 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, then these Jews all
deserved to die.

As I said in my just submitted post to this thread: Will even the
subtle promotion of racist ideas ever end here at math-teach?

I yet again call for a change to the moderation policy of this forum
in the form of no longer allowing even subtle hate speech (promotion
of racist ideas is hate speech [hate speech is actually outlawed in
Norway, by the way]), and also to no longer allow political speech.
The former Math Forum group k12.ed.math was this severely moderated
and was the best math education discussion in the world when it was
around until 2004, with a posting rate similar to the very high rate
of math-teach even with the severe moderation. (It was viewable by the
public and one could post via the web and well as via email.) And so
such severe moderation would not kill math-teach.

Date Subject Author
3/20/12
Read Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/20/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Robert Hansen
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
kirby urner
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/22/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/22/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/24/12
[...]
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Robert Hansen
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/26/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/26/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/26/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/27/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/27/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/27/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/28/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/1/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/1/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
4/1/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/16/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/16/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
4/17/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Gary Tupper
4/19/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
5/11/12