Topic: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Replies: 56   Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 7:35 PM

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years

In article <3ef021d9-28ef-441a-8152-ed177a839570@x5g2000pbl.googlegroups.com>,
Arindam Banerjee <adda1234@bigpond.com> posted:

> On Mar 23, 6:40=A0pm, Peter Hill <peter.usen...@nospam.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:

> > On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:48:50 +1300, Ken Pledger
> >
> > <ken.pled...@vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> > > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > > =A0 This is not new research. =A0Kim Plofker, "Mathematics in India", 2=
> 009,
> > >is an excellent general history of Indian mathematics, and includes a
> > >careful discussion of the Kerala school. =A0 She gives numerous referemc=

> es
> > >to earlier work.
> >
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0Ken Pledger.
> >
> > It doesn't matter that they discovered it,

> It matters to the locals.
>

> > they failed to pass it
> > forward into the body of human knowledge.
> > --
> > Peter Hill

> Then how do we know they did it first? That knowledge was localised,
> as opposed to globalised.

True. Of course a lot of our texts were destroyed, stolen
or suppressed by foreign invaders and occupiers for
centuries. Also, our sage-scientists protected knowledge
from the invaders by "hiding" it in devotional verses
used in prayers, knowing that the Muslim and Christian
occupiers would not recite them. These verses have been
passed down the generations to us.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

Date Subject Author
3/21/12
Read Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/21/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
supercoolwater
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
supercoolwater
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
3/22/12
Read Pain in Ass needs to be denounced by more posters.
Romanise
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/22/12
Read Pain in Ass needs to be denounced by more posters.
Romanise
3/23/12
Read Re: Pain in Ass needs to be denounced by more posters.
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Romanise
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
3/22/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/25/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
adamk
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Peter Hill
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Arindam Banerjee
3/23/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Dr. Jai Maharaj
3/24/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Arindam Banerjee
3/24/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Arindam Banerjee
3/24/12
Read Monkey Maharaj becomes joined to The Greatest Genius of All Times
Romanise
3/24/12
Read Re: Monkey Maharaj becomes joined to The Greatest Genius of All Times
[...]
3/26/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
3/27/12
[...]
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/27/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/27/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Arindam Banerjee
3/27/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
3/25/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
adamk
3/25/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Myself,PresentContinuouslyTenseMallu
3/24/12
Read Re: Bharatiya Predated Newton Calculus "Discovery" By 250 Years
Peter Webb
3/24/12