The Math Forum

Topic: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Replies: 50   Last Post: May 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity

Are you claiming that I should look the other way while people at this
forum promote even just subtly racist ideas? It is clear that you are.
Since you are clearly making this claim, I have the right to reply by
addressing what it is you say that I should ignore:

You say that I should ignore the racist ideas that Haim (even if
subtly) promotes and that I in my up to now most recent post in this
thread

http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7752751&tstart=0

document? (Haim says that grade inflation exists most in mostly black
public schools even though the science I repeatedly cite shows that
grade inflation exists most in private schools - which happen to be
very mostly white, that white people do but black people do not have
enough involvement in their kids' educations to effect such things as
grades, and he characterized black and brown children as rats in a rat
hole and characterized darker-skinned people as lacking in hygiene and
therefore should not be allowed into the US, characterizations that he
did not make about white children and adults.)

You say that I should ignore the racist ideas that you (even if
subtly) promote and that I in

"Re: The Fraud"
http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7656116&tstart=30

most recently up to now documented? (You said that the racial
performance gap is immutable and that therefore we should stop
"wasting" money trying to close it by getting black and Hispanic
performance up to a par with white performance, and you said that it
is not possible for minimum graduation standards to go up while the
black and Hispanic graduation rates also go up.)

I repeat what I said before: I will no longer look the other way while
you guys put forth racist ideas and refuse to recant and apologize for
them. Why will I no longer look the other way? I already tried
ignoring them, but that didn't stop you guys from continuing every so
often from putting forth even more racist ideas.

And so I again respectfully ask that you guys publicly recant and
apologize for all these racist ideas that you have put forth.

For each racist idea that you guys have put forth: If you publicly
recant and apologize for it, then you never again will hear me
publicly talking about it.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
> [...]

>>> 1990 NAEP math score
>>> White 270
>>> Asian 275
>>> Black 237
>>>
>>> 2009 NAEP math score
>>> White 293
>>> Asian 301
>>> Black 261
>>>
>>> Delta in gap between 1990 and 2009, the years during which we the sheeple are supposed to believe that all kinds of great things happened in American education
>>>
>>> Black-White -1 point
>>> Black-Asian PLUS 2 points
>>>
>>> This is AFTER known advocates (and admitted LIARS) have massaged the data, have claimed that math scores of Whites increased 23 points while NO other test shows such an improvement in math skills, and AFTER other testing agencies have opened up their databases to the public while NAEP remains more secretive than the mafia.
>>>
>>> A 1 point DECREASE in the gap between Whites and Blacks is less than the standard error, so it is statistically insignificant.  ALSO, so is the 2 point INCREASE in the gap between Blacks and Asians.
>>>
>>> Was the EXTRA $12 TRILLION a complete and total loss?  Of course not.  It enabled the education mafia to attain most if not all of its major goals (one of which certainly was not to improve American Blacks in any way whatsoever).
>>>

>> Just so the reader is not conned and understands the "argument" put
>> forth by the above person, that it is an attempt to promote racist
>> ideas in a subtle way, in my post
>>
>> http://www.mathforum.com/kb/message.jspa?messageID=7628443&tstart=30
>>
>> I document many very vicious and very racist public comments by this
>> person, including that black people are merely sub-human animals and
>> that if 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, then these Jews all
>> deserved to die.
>>
>> As I said in my just submitted post to this thread: Will even the
>> subtle promotion of racist ideas ever end here at math-teach?
>>
>> I yet again call for a change to the moderation policy of this forum
>> in the form of no longer allowing even subtle hate speech (promotion
>> of racist ideas is hate speech [hate speech is actually outlawed in
>> Norway, by the way]), and also to no longer allow political speech.
>> The former Math Forum group k12.ed.math was this severely moderated
>> and was the best math education discussion in the world when it was
>> around until 2004, with a posting rate similar to the very high rate
>> of math-teach even with the severe moderation. (It was viewable by the
>> public and one could post via the web and well as via email.) And so
>> such severe moderation would not kill math-teach.

Date Subject Author
3/20/12
Read Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/20/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Robert Hansen
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
kirby urner
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/21/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/22/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/22/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/24/12
[...]
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Robert Hansen
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/25/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/26/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/26/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/26/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/27/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
3/27/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Haim
3/27/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
3/28/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/1/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/1/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
4/1/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/16/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/16/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Paul A. Tanner III
4/17/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
Gary Tupper
4/19/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
israeliteknight
4/23/12
Read Re: Appeal For Intellectual Integrity
GS Chandy
5/11/12