Topic: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Replies: 31   Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 4:52 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?

It is evident that students in these countries that lead in mathematics put a lot of effort into their studies. Why does this discussion not end there? Or better yet, why doesn't start there?

It is 1/3 teacher and 2/3 student. We know which part of that equation is deficient here. That would be the part that needs to change if you want an increase in mathematical success. The system as it is has degenerated to match non studious students which makes it less useful to the studious ones as well.

Bob Hansen

> Does America leads the world in math education? Nope.
> The US is being kicked in the groin by China and most
> other countries. The USA is a joke in Math. I've
> travelled around and hear the jokes. Why is this? Is
> it because US Math teachers suck so bad? Or is it
> because US math students suck so bad? It has to be
> one or the other, because the US in Math is a world
> joke.

Date Subject Author
3/23/12
Read Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Ken Abbott
3/23/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Paul A. Tanner III
3/24/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
3/26/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
kirby urner
3/26/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
kirby urner
3/26/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Robert Hansen
3/26/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Haim
3/26/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Robert Hansen
3/27/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Louis Talman
3/27/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Robert Hansen
3/27/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Louis Talman
3/27/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Robert Hansen
3/28/12
[...]
Domenico Rosa
3/27/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Robert Hansen
3/27/12
Read Re: Discussion: Do US Math Teachers Suck?
Dave L. Renfro
3/27/12