Topic: Riemannian Metric Topology
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 3:52 PM

M. Vaeth

Re: Riemannian Metric Topology

Jeff Rubin <JeffBRubin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm hesitant to assume regularity since not only Lang but AMR also doesn't
> assume it. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Usually, also paracompactness is assumed (and I think also
Lang usually assumes it, maybe he forgot one place here).
In this case, there is no difficulty with regularity, of course.

If you find an answer whether a Banach (or Riemannian) manifold
is automatically regular (if just the Hausdorff property but no
paracompactness is assumed), please post it.
This does not seem to be an easy problem.