Topic: Iterative Match Filterings
Replies: 33   Last Post: Apr 17, 2012 6:13 PM

robert bristow-johnson

Re: Iterative Match Filterings

On 4/6/12 2:03 PM, Bret Cahill wrote:

>>> How long did it take you to figure that out?

>>> How is the original waveform recovered with a North Filter?
>>
>> Bret, can you stick with the common semantic? before today, i have
>> never heard of a "North filter".

> Is anyone still whining about "match filter" or "matched filter", both
> of which google up tens of thousands of on point hits in less time
> than it takes to play trifling word games.
>

>> i am assuming from Eric's response and
>> yours, that it is synonymous with "matched filter".

>> a matched filter is not about recovering an original waveform.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matched_filter
>
> Scroll down to the match filter recovery of the binary signal

it's about detection. if you think that example is about producing a
signal, rather than determining if a 0 or 1 had been transmitted, then
you're mistaken.

also, Wikipedia should not be taken as authoritative, even though
sometimes it can be useful. and that wikipedia article is horrendously
written (as well as the article on instantaneous phase/frequency). i
might suggest finding a good communications textbook. maybe one by A
Bruce Carlson or another by Haykin.

finally, you need to learn to be nice when asking for help. if you
know-it-all, then you don't need any advice or insight from me.

g'bye.

--

r b-j rbj@audioimagination.com

Date Subject Author
4/4/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
Tim Wescott
4/4/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
BretCahill@peoplepc.com
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
Martin Brown
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
BretCahill@peoplepc.com
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
Martin Brown
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
BretCahill@peoplepc.com
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
Eric Jacobsen
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
BretCahill@peoplepc.com
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
Eric Jacobsen
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
BretCahill@peoplepc.com
4/6/12
[...]
4/7/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
BretCahill@peoplepc.com
4/5/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
glen herrmannsfeldt
4/15/12
Read Re: Iterative Match Filterings
Bret Cahill
4/15/12
Read ...
bulegoge@columbus.rr.com
4/17/12
Read Iterative Match Filterings
Bret Cahill
4/17/12
Read ...
bulegoge@columbus.rr.com
4/17/12
Read Re: ...
glen herrmannsfeldt
4/17/12
Read Easy Deconvolution of Match Filter Output
Bret Cahill
4/17/12
Read Re: Easy Deconvolution of Match Filter Output
bulegoge@columbus.rr.com
4/17/12
Read ...
bulegoge@columbus.rr.com