Topic: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Replies: 44   Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 10:06 PM

unruh

Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?

On 2012-04-07, quasi <quasi@null.set> wrote:
> William Hughes wrote:
>>quasi wrote:

>>> It's hard to bet against someone who is presumably looking
>>> at two easily verifiable factors.

>>Not at all, it is easy to bet that an anonymous sci.math
>>poster is deluded or lying. Indeed register my bet that
>>"barker" will never provide two putative factors of C.
>>(However, he will not come up with any excuse even
>>remotely as entertaining as those of JSH)

> Perhaps he actually _is_ JSH.
>
> In any case, there have been enough independent confirmations
> that C is prime that, at this point, it's clear that C really
> _is_ prime, beyond any reasonable doubt.
>
> Thus, as you say, the OP is either deluded or lying, and I
> suspect the latter -- just another troll looking for attention.
> Had I looked at the headers, I would have noticed that the OP
> crossposted the original message to alt.politics (for which the
> article is clearly off-topic), thus providing another indication
> that the OP was trolling.

Has the deterministic primality test been done on it, or only the
probabilistic ones?

> quasi

Date Subject Author
4/5/12
Read Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
barker
4/5/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Pubkeybreaker
4/5/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
quasi
4/5/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Pubkeybreaker
4/6/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
barker
4/6/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
quasi
4/6/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
quasi
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
unruh
4/6/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
William Hughes
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
quasi
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
J. Antonio Perez M.
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
unruh
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Edward A. Falk
4/8/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
rob@robert-earl-hazelett.com
4/8/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Jan Andres
4/9/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Edward A. Falk
4/6/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
CWatters
4/6/12
[...]
hagman
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
William Hughes
4/7/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
hagman
4/8/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
barker
4/8/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Jan Andres
4/8/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Pertti's Ghost
4/8/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
karl
4/9/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Pertti's Ghost
4/9/12
Read Re: Factorization theory wrong? Or algorithmic error?
Richard Tobin
4/9/12