Topic: how to find limit lim (sqrt(x+1) - sqrt(x)
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 20, 2012 2:44 AM

Ben Brink

From: Rosenberg, TX
Registered: 11/11/06
RE: how to find limit lim (sqrt(x+1) - sqrt(x)
att1.html (1.0 K)

Calc,
Your original function is same as (sqrt(x+1) - sqrt(x))/1. Multiply this expression by (sqrt(x+1) + sqrt(x))/(sqrt(x+1) + sqrt(x)), which has value 1. Now will the new "numerator" simplify? After simplifying, what does the new fraction look like? Can we now take the limit as x goes to infinity?
Thanks for a great question!
Ben