Topic: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Replies: 30   Last Post: May 8, 2012 11:55 PM

Petra

Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything

On May 6, 1:11 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/6/12 7:36 AM, Zerkon wrote:
>

> > Math results in a proof. Physics results in a proof of probability.
>
>    Many Theorem can be "proved" mathematically.
>
>    There are no "proofs" in physics, but only observations that
>    support, confirm or deny a theoretical construct. There is
>    always error in any measurement or observation.

reminds me of a cartoon I saw once about the time there were campaigns
against ramblers ruining our countryside.

There was a bloke with a metal detector and there are these enormous
pot holes all over the drifting landscape as far as the eye could see
towards the sunset, and he says 'I was positive it was the right
place',

Date Subject Author
5/5/12
Read Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Kevin
5/5/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Petra
5/5/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Sam Wormley
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Ross Clement
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Graham Cooper
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
bjacoby@iwaynet.net
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
HVAC
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
bjacoby@iwaynet.net
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
HVAC
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
bjacoby@iwaynet.net
5/8/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
HVAC
5/8/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
bjacoby@iwaynet.net
5/8/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
5/7/12
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
5/5/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Graham Cooper
5/5/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Petra
5/5/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Graham Cooper
5/6/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Petra
5/6/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Lloyd
5/6/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Sam Wormley
5/6/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Petra
5/6/12
Read Sam Wormley says that AGW Can't Prove Anything
hanson
5/6/12
Read Re: Sam Wormley says that AGW Can't Prove Anything
Surfer
5/6/12
Read Re: Sam Wormley says that AGW Can't Prove Anything
Androcles
5/6/12
Read Re: Sam Wormley says that AGW Can't Prove Anything
hanson
5/6/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Graham Cooper
5/8/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Kevin
5/8/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Sam Wormley
5/6/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
gyansorova@gmail.com
5/7/12
Read Re: Why Physics Can't Prove Anything
Immortalist