Topic: Exponential integration with normal density function
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 6, 2012 2:00 AM

Angie Blue

Re: Exponential integration with normal density function

Greg Heath <g.heath@verizon.net> wrote in message <0fdcd765-9389-463a-a983-99a69ff46ab5@e15g2000vba.googlegroups.com>...
> On May 5, 11:34 pm, Greg Heath <g.he...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > > Hello Greg,
> >
> > > Thank you for your reply.I thought so because of the (1/x), however, Matlab gives a finite answer when evaluated. Is this a bug?
> >
> > Probably not. It is probably the way you used the code. Posting the
> > relevant part of the code would help

> Sorry. My mistake.
>
> If the integration interval is positive then it is not divergent!
>
> However it will be divergent if it includes zero.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your replies. The integration is over a positive range. I would still appreciate if anyone can help with my initial question: Which integral approximation method (quad, quadgk, etc.) is the best to evaluate this integral in terms of time and least error?

Thanks,

A.